Monday 9 January 2012

Never Use Cotton Buds To Clean Your Ears

For days I've had a blocked left ear. Feels very debilitating. It makes life that much more harder. And the cause of it - cotton buds! After swimming one evening I felt my ear needed a bit of a clean so decided to use a cotton bud like I always do. Unfortunately I ended up pushing whatever I had in my ears further inwards and in the hope of trying to retrieve what I had just pushed in, kept on trying with more cotton buds. This ended up piercing my ear drums according to my Doctor.

I've always used cotton buds to clean my ears since I was a child. Little did I know that after googling it, most experts recommend never to use these to clean ears. This is news to me! I'm sure they were at some point even called ear buds or did I just imagine that?

My advice to everyone out there is stay away from cotton buds! Use a wet towel and only clean as far as your fingers will go. I'm sure God designed our ears with a small hole so we can't do damage like this to ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Pushing stuff into your head through your ears shouldnt be a problem since you have so much vacant space in your head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use cotton buds to take water out not to clean it. dirty boy

    ReplyDelete