Thursday 12 January 2012

Measure your height accurately or else!

I always assumed I was a 5 foot 10 inches in height. That was until last year when I measured myself, can't remember where but I measured myself as 5 foot 9 inches. I thought ok fair enough. But today I measured myself and I am 5 foot 7 inches!

Now either I have shrunk or I've been sloppy in my measurements before, most likely the latter. But you might be asking, why the big deal. Well let me tell you. I have been trying to lose weight forever and recently I assumed my body mass index(BMI) was OK. However in light of my new measurements it turns out that I am in fact overweight, a fatty, one that eat all the pies, obese, OK not obese but you get the idea. Now it turns out that my target weight which previously was about 70kg is history as I have a new target weight of 65kg. By the way I am 75kg at the moment. 65kg would bring me to a BMI of 22.5 or thereabouts.

So that is why I say if measuring something, then do it accurately from the start or else!

1 comment: