Wednesday 1 February 2012

Too Good To Be True


Some would say that I go on too many holidays, I say you can never have too many holidays. So when I got back from my holiday to Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore, I started looking for my next destination. Fast forward a few months and I was playing around with the Thomas Cook booking engine when to my amazement discovered a holiday too good to be true. It was a 4 star(don't get me started on the star rating abroad) all inclusive holiday to Greece for £109 per person. All excited thinking that I found the deal of the century, I decided to go ahead and book it for the family. I clicked next, declined all the other add on extras they try to flog you nowadays and when to the final total to pay stage. Lo and behold the price had gone up to nearer enough £600 per person. I thought I had made a mistake so went back and sure enough it was still showing as £109 per person.

Being a keen bargain hunter and not wanting to miss out on something that my children's' children will tell for generations, I gave Thomas Cook a call. Now the nice young lady on the phone instantly knew what deal I was talking about before I even finished my first sentence. It turned out that there was some error and they had received loads of calls about this. She told me to get lose and stop being cheap. OK that's not true but she said you can't get something for that cheap and this was one of those cases where it was too good to be true.

1 comment:

  1. Shame on you for not using the sale of goods act to try and force the price down to £109. Keep looking and find a holiday.

    ReplyDelete