Sunday 5 February 2012

Suited and booted for the snow

Yes! It's that time of the year again. When even the worst ghetto areas look amazing because of the white stuff. Not milk but snow! It was the first snow of the winter yesterday and as usual no one was prepared even though snow had been forecast almost a week ago. Or was it just me that was unprepared? Well anyway realizing that I will most likely end up having a snow fight/battle/war (delete as appropriate), I decided to get suited and booted for the weather. This involved a trip down to my local shopping centre. Some gloves. Check. Some boots. Check....but which one? I was spoilt for choice. Not wanting to break the bank but at the same time get a waterproof boot was a dilemma.

Ever since I was a child I've never had waterproof shoes or boots. Whenever I had to walk in the rain to school or play in the snow, I knew I would always come back with wet socks and frozen toes. Today marked the end of wet socks with the purchase of these babies. A pair of Nike Mandara Boots. And only for £52. Nike sell them on their website for £70 but in this case Sports Direct is your friend.
So there I was walking out with my new pair of boots. I got to the car and immediately put them on as I knew that I would end up in a snow fight sooner rather than later when I got to my friends house. You can never be too prepared. Oh yeah I also bought a pair of socks as my other ones were wet.

Well I must say that it was very weird driving with big boots. I could barely feel the pedals but soon got used to it. When I got to my destination, I gathered the troops and we set out to "clear" all the snow of our cars. Well that's what we told the misses. It was the best snow fight I had in ages. We definitely cleared a lot of snow! By the end of it, my feet were dry and warm and I felt like I had run a marathon. The same can't be said for my neck, ears and nose which were frozen. I must remember for next time to get a scarf and hat. But I recommend these boots. Excellent, lightweight, waterproof and they look good. What's not to like?

Here's a shot of one of the streets with the snow while it was still fresh.

1 comment:

  1. I was about to get some timberlands, but the snow is over :(

    ReplyDelete